Sunday, April 15, 2007

Pencil Drawing from Big Muddy River Rendezvous

While camping out at the Big Muddy River Rendezvous in Winona Minnesota (October 2007) I hid out in our canvas tent, grabbed paper and pencil and started scribbling away.


I have been finding a quiet little corner to scribble and scratch on paper for as long as I can remember. My favorite subject has always been our outdoor friends.

Even back in high school and just after, I always found them so much fun to draw.











This hound dog was drawn back in high school....I know, back during the dinosaur era.








"Friends" were drawn back in 1979...WOW! Ancient history!

My son is pushing me to pick it up again....thus, the first drawing at the top of the page, "Fox" was created. Though sold at an auction, it holds a special place in my heart as one of the first pieces I have drawn in many, many years.

I know that these drawings are very old, but throughout the years, not doing much of anything for so many years, most of my work has been given away or sold. Now, with the ability to scan my work, or take photos, I can at least share it with some friends and, thanks to the kids pushing, I think I just might start trying to work at it again. Not because its any good, but because I have so much fun with it.

No comments: