Monday, February 27, 2012

Green Bay Packer Wooden Stools

Greetings!  Well, I had some fun this winter.  I had taken three, used, battered wooden stools and had put different packer logos on each stool. These stools were then donated to the Coulee Region Humane Society to be used in a charity fund raiser in February this year.

Of course, first I called the Green Bay Packer Headquarters to see if I could get permission to use their logos to create these one of a kind stools in the fund raiser....this way if questioned, no one gets in trouble.

I did receive a phone call from the Marketing Dept for the Green Bay Packers.

After explaining the why's and what for's regarding the stools, the marketing director stated that she would be mailing me a 'One Time Only, Permission to Use' letter.

When I receive the letter, I made a copy for the shelter to keep in their files, (in case anyone ever questions it), and a copy for each chair.

Okay, so this may not be a big deal to anyone else, but for me.....this was so EXCITING! I got permission from the Packers Headquarters! This is not something made in secret without permission, I actually got permission from the Packers!

And yes, I will be keeping a copy of the letter for myself!
 
I had a fun making them and hope those that bid on them enjoy them.
Here are the 3 stools that went up for auction to the the Coulee Region Humane Society.
Each individual stool is partically woodburned and partically hand painted.
I was a little surprised that the favorite was the one with only the Green Bay "G" logo, but I am glad it turned out!
Each stool is unique, one of a kind.
Each leg of the stool has a football, some are just the outline and some filled in. 

As always, enjoy life and stay creative everyone! 

No comments: